The ICT department actively supports and is responsible for the effective and efficient use of college IT resources. It is also structured to respond immediately to the growing needs of a technology-based learning and administrative environment.
The department has three working units which link to various college stakeholders:
- Helpdesk & IT/AV Support
- ICT Network & Servers Infrastructure
- Web services & Information Systems
ICT Strategic Objectives
- Planning and prioritizing the use of technology in keeping with identified needs and strategic system wide goals.
- Managing and developing the college IT infrastructure and use current and emerging technologies to provide a high level of availability, reduced support costs, and efficient services for staff and students.
- Leading the development of software, hardware and related systems to enhance the academic environment.
- Obtaining sponsorships and corporate support for technology development at DMC.
- Working with college departments to identify educational technology and IT related professional development and training needs for college faculty/staff.
- Organize and provide ICT professional development, tutorials and workshops.
- Mentoring faculty and staff in the utilization of ICT to enhance teaching and learning.
- Encourage and mentor the work of students, faculty and staff in making most effective use of technology in their teaching, learning and college operations.
- Leading developers and web designers to ensure that DMC leads in the utilization of education technologies and information systems
- Maintaining the DMC website to be proactive, current and innovative
- Liaising with key technology providers and establish relationships leading to the piloting of ICT solutions at DMC.
- Organizing demonstrations of emerging technologies and showcase these for the benefit of students and faculty
ICT & AV Helpdesk:
Tel: +971 4 4038111
Helpdesk Hotline Ext 111
Chair of Information and Telecommunication Technologies